General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg332dd

Valued Member
Apr 2, 2020
When the cover letter needs to be attached as a PDF, do we need to include both our address/HR address at the top of the letter? or is recruiter's name enough?

edit: my address is already on the application form too

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
has anyone received an online test/ SJT test for BCLP summer vacation scheme? I applied a month back but haven't heard back as yet. Starting to worry. Not sure if the test is automated or not

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I haven't personally, but I don't see any issue with this particular word.

I think why recruiters have a problem with it is that we have NEVER had anyone at an event or in an interview use relish in the same context, and yet it is used so much in applications. So in the vast majority of cases it just comes across as odd/over written.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I think why recruiters have a problem with it is that we have NEVER had anyone at an event or in an interview use relish in the same context, and yet it is used so much in applications. So in the vast majority of cases it just comes across as odd/over written.
My guess would be that it is what Word has suggested as an alternative to like/enjoy. :D

DrowninginSQE

Legendary Member
Sep 23, 2020
Would you be able to share the trigger words that graduate recruitment teams don't like? Thanks!:D

• Haha
Reactions: Miki3999

Evelina

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Does anyone have insight into whether its worth applying to Sidley Austin for winter vac in the next few days? Apps close early November and they review rolling so I would rather wait until spring if I have a better shot.
I applied like 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear from them. I know that if SIdley like you they can offer you spring even if you apply for winter vac scheme! But do what you think is best for your application

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.