2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Just received an email from Jones Day stating that they have requested an academic reference before inviting me to interview. Do they do this for every candidate or does this mean I have been shortlisted?
Congrats!! They don’t do this for every candidate, I was rejected straight away

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Invitation for Stephenson Harwood WGT Test. Did not do well at all last time I did one & I really struggle with it. I’ve done all the practice tests & I get relatively high in them but I find the Pearson ones harder. Does anyone have any tips that really helped them with this? Or any other resources? Thanks so much.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Invitation for Stephenson Harwood WGT Test. Did not do well at all last time I did one & I really struggle with it. I’ve done all the practice tests & I get relatively high in them but I find the Pearson ones harder. Does anyone have any tips that really helped them with this? Or any other resources? Thanks so much.
Congrats! When did you apply?

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Hi guys,
    For firms that only recruit via Vacation Scheme (think HSF, the American Firms, etc) do you know if they give out TC offers on a rolling basis (ie give some to winter, spring, summer), or wait until they have had a chance to look at all their Vac Schemers in a particular year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.