2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
I was in one of HSF's webinars today and they said to identify the skills trainee would have and use those. So the standard teamwork, etc.

NRF screen on a rolling basis but won't issue any ACs until later in the pipeline. You may be invited to telephone interview though.

I suspect they're gearing up for their WVS.

Depends on how long its been on your app and whether the firm is rolling basis. Usually, 3 weeks + is when I email unless their website says otherwise.

Hey, did they discuss how work experience should be presented? Ie. should it be purely factual or should we be stating the skills that we learnt from the experience?

c0808

Junior Lawyer
Oct 29, 2020
Hello! I was wondering whether it's still worth finishing and sending off a vac scheme application to Baker McKenzie given that they recruit on a rolling basis and their deadline is December 1st?

Last edited:

LeilaScott

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
Has anyone heard for Winter Simmons and Simmons post VI or Ashurst post-AC? Getting nervous now seems to be taking a while! Also haven't heard back from Travers so assuming thats a rejection

Reactions: s10

Fifi

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 6, 2018
Has anyone heard back from WC TC (2022) post video interview? Its been a month now and I have not heard back?

I also haven't heard back. I have a feeling we won't hear back until they finish their AC's for the winter vac scheme.

Someone posted that they contacted grad recruitment, who told them they are still going through the video interviews. So, perhaps we may be in that batch of video interviews that they are still assessing.

LeilaScott

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
I only heard back from Simmons post VI today and I sent mine off over 2 weeks ago. I had given up hope with them and then got the email, so don't get disheartened yet :))

Ah thats good to hear and congrats! I'm coming up on two weeks this weekend so maybe I am further behind in the pile? Just super nerve wracking

Reactions: LS12

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
I just had my interview with Jones Day and they said they recruit from interview on a rolling basis- so if you get offered a slot, I suggest booking the earlier dates!

Fran

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Has anyone applied to Reed Smith? I sent off my application on Sunday but still not heard back or received an invite to the SST. I was wondering if anyone knows how long they roughly take to get back to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.