2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Guys could you share how long after you took the SJT you heard from Allen & Overy (about rejection or AC)? And which role did you apply for?
    A&O Told me it can take up to 72 hours to hear the outcome of the test results and of course even longer to find out if they want to invite you to interview.

amcha595

Sep 3, 2020
    Ashurst just called and offered me a winter vac scheme! I'm so happy that I'm going to get my free Pret and lie down on a park bench or something.

I'd like to thank this TCLA thread for being the most overclicked bookmark on my browser

Congratulations, this is amazing! May I ask when your assessment centre was?

Legallin

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 20, 2020
    Hey everyone, I just got a rejection from Ashurst for winter vac scheme post application, my rejection said "your application was of a high standard , but we have unfortunately only been able to shortlist a small percentage of applications for this vacancy" and I just wanted to know if this is their generic email? guess i'm just trying to figure out if my application was actually strong or they just say that to everyone :)

NadineBusty

Valued Member
    Aug 21, 2019
    Hey everyone, I just got a rejection from Ashurst for winter vac scheme post application, my rejection said "your application was of a high standard , but we have unfortunately only been able to shortlist a small percentage of applications for this vacancy" and I just wanted to know if this is their generic email? guess i'm just trying to figure out if my application was actually strong or they just say that to everyone :)

defo not generic! My rejection email was different...

• ℹ️
    Reactions: xEmily1998, Jaysen and Staples
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.