2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Did you apply to the vacation scheme? I believe they are non-rolling

I did a vacation scheme with Boodle Hatfield in July. When I applied the applications were non-rolling. I sent my application in early January, and then had an interview mid February. I don't know if they are non-rolling this cycle- it might be worth checking just to be safe.

They genuinely read all the applications so it is well worth taking your time! Best of luck :)

atrumregina

Standard Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2020
Hi everyone - Reed Smith new question: Taking into account the firm's values and drawing upon your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

How would you approach/structure such a question???

@Jessica Booker @Jaysen

DrowninginSQE

Legendary Member
Sep 23, 2020
Has anyone heard back from Travers Smith re winter vac scheme?? Still haven’t got an update and slightly worried now haha
I haven't heard back following the application process either. Considering I sent my application on the 1st October, I'm going to assume it is a rejection. Has anyone had a rejection yet from Travers post-app?

Ole1999

Star Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jun 5, 2020
Has anyone heard back from Travers Smith re winter vac scheme?? Still haven’t got an update and slightly worried now haha
Not heard anything back either, I'm assuming it's a rejection. However, common advice given is to remain optimistic so maybe they are so amazed by our applications that they forgot to respond;)o_O

• Haha
Reactions: OB and NK

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone - Reed Smith new question: Taking into account the firm's values and drawing upon your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

How would you approach/structure such a question???

@Jessica Booker @Jaysen

I am not an expert on their values but I’d make sure I understood them and how it fits into this scenario. I would also thing about when I have tried to change an established approach to something or had to influence others and use that as evidence to back up my ability to say how I would deal with this situation.

YFA

Mar 10, 2019
Hi - I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to prep for a written case study for SH? Not quite sure what it will entail so want to cover all bases. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.