2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Hi guys, I'm just wondering what a typical benchmark for the WG might be - I've done all the tests I can find and I typically score 80% of the marks but I'm not sure if this is a strong score. Obviously I know benchmarks are dependent on other applicants' scores so there's no way to be sure, but can someone advise me if this is a strong score please?
80% sounds fine to me! I usually get around 90% on practice tests and I have passed the ones I have had to do for applications. I think I tend to do better when I don't over think it as well which is easier said than done :)

• 🏆
Reactions: Andrew M and OB

Florawilliams

Esteemed Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi guys, I am planning on sending my Lovells TC app soon (it closes end of jan i think). but i was wondering if anyone knows how long it is until they send you the WG link (it is automatic i understand?) - just worried as don't want to have to do it over the xmas period ! thank you so much:) (but also balancing this concern with sending app in asap due to rolling basis)

Anna W

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi guys, I am planning on sending my Lovells TC app soon (it closes end of jan i think). but i was wondering if anyone knows how long it is until they send you the WG link (it is automatic i understand?) - just worried as don't want to have to do it over the xmas period ! thank you so much:) (but also balancing this concern with sending app in asap due to rolling basis)

I sent my application yesterday night and received the WG link a couple of hours ago!

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Have just received an invite for the Taylor Wessing games-based assessment (thank you, Faye from the TCLA application review team!!!). The email says:

If you have motor difficulties affecting your hands (including conditions such as cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis) please also seek out advice before completing the assessment.

Please can someone tell me what the assessment involves physically? If it's mouse-work, I'll be fine, but if there's typing involved, I'll need extra time.

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    I got a WG invite for Weil today. Submitted on 17th December :)

Jesus, that was quick. Waiting to hear about mine. Submitted on 3rd December.

Just got the first rejection from a firm I was really interested in - Willkie after VI :(

This one stings a bit (a lot). I actually thought I had done quite well on the VI and was pretty pleased with my answers. FML.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Have just received an invite for the Taylor Wessing games-based assessment (thank you, Faye from the TCLA application review team!!!). The email says:

If you have motor difficulties affecting your hands (including conditions such as cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis) please also seek out advice before completing the assessment.

Please can someone tell me what the assessment involves physically? If it's mouse-work, I'll be fine, but if there's typing involved, I'll need extra time.
    I played the game on my phone (for a different firm but believe it’s the same test) and it involved a lot of fast clicking. I believe that would probably be the case if it was done on the computer (or fast tapping of keys on a keyboard). I would definitely talk to grad rec before you do it!

Reactions: Veep9

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019

From what I can tell it seems to be similar to the PwC one. I am pretty sure it was mostly clicking there was no typing of long paragraphs. Hope that is some sort of help!

Reactions: Veep9

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    I played the game on my phone (for a different firm but believe it’s the same test) and it involved a lot of fast clicking. I believe that would probably be the case if it was done on the computer (or fast tapping of keys on a keyboard). I would definitely talk to grad rec before you do it!
    From what I can tell it seems to be similar to the PwC one. I am pretty sure it was mostly clicking there was no typing of long paragraphs. Hope that is some sort of help!
    Thank you, both!

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB and Legal_rawn

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    I am trying to fill in Boodle Hatfields application form but when I put in 'Work History' and any work that is 'Present' the thing goes red :mad: Anyone else had this issue with apply4law?

Omg yeah I had this same problem!!! I just put the same month as I started my work then wrote (Oct-Present) in the description!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Omg yeah I had this same problem!!! I just put the same month as I started my work then wrote (Oct-Present) in the description!

THANK YOU!! I sent an email to grad rec showing them the issue and highlighting the certain jobs I am still working. I thought it was my laptop having a brainfart :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.