2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I attended a webinar with them and they said that this was a new form this year and that they still wanted to see our module scores. I included mine because of this but honestly cannot remember the format anyhow I put them in as I done the application a while ago so it worries me now how I've done it but too afraid to go back and look at it haha! I know so many people having this issue with the application so I would hope that it won't affect the outcome for anybody who has or hasn't included them!
Wow that’s kind of crazy considering the application was so confusing to so many people that hardly anyone had put in modules! I really hope they don’t reject on the basis of that... I’m worried now

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Anyone applied to Osborne Clarke? I’m struggling with their questions more than others!

Please outline the reasons why you wish to pursue a career in commercial law at Osborne Clarke. Within your answer you should also include details of how you have developed your skills through your hobbies and interests. (500 words max)*

Is this “why commercial law”, “why OC” and “why you” rolled into one? So essentially a cover letter but focused on your hobbies rather than academics/work ex?

I think the reason I’m struggling with it is because there’s also another question about how OC can be distinguished from other firms which would be part of my answer to why OC anyway!

Grateful for any thoughts!
    Just bumping this up in case anyone has any thoughts. I’d really appreciate any help! Thank you!

Reactions: CallumJR

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Anyone applied to Osborne Clarke? I’m struggling with their questions more than others!

Please outline the reasons why you wish to pursue a career in commercial law at Osborne Clarke. Within your answer you should also include details of how you have developed your skills through your hobbies and interests. (500 words max)*

Is this “why commercial law”, “why OC” and “why you” rolled into one? So essentially a cover letter but focused on your hobbies rather than academics/work ex?

I think the reason I’m struggling with it is because there’s also another question about how OC can be distinguished from other firms which would be part of my answer to why OC anyway!

Grateful for any thoughts!

I think this is definitely all three rolled into one. Whatever you don't manage to cover here about the firm specifically (as you are limited to only 500 words) you can cover in the other question.

Reactions: Veep9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.