2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveh1784

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Oh no! Best of luck. :( I have a meeting with Weil in about 2 hours to discuss collaborations and I *hope* I don't get the rejection email then. Don't wanna look a mess in front of another (potential) employer :oops:

Just wondering when did you complete the VI?

Thank you - good luck to you too, definitely turn off your notifications for the Weil meeting! I completed the VI around the 21st of Dec I believe.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....

Hi Tanaya,

Just wanted to drop in and say that everyone has that one firm that they love and then just completely blanks them. I've had many good cries myself over similar situations. I'm sure better news is coming soon. Hang in there!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....

I've only just seen this- so sorry!- but I have to agree with everything Dheepa has already said:

Hi Tanaya,

Just wanted to drop in and say that everyone has that one firm that they love and then just completely blanks them. I've had many good cries myself over similar situations. I'm sure better news is coming soon. Hang in there!

I've had knock backs from firms which really devastated me, but ultimately ended up at a firm I genuinely love and I'm hugely excited for starting at. Exact same thing happened to my fiancée, had knock backs from firms she thought she loved and then ended up somewhere she will ultimately be happier. I know it's easy to say when you're on the other side, having secured an offer (I remember absolutely hating receiving the advice I'm now giving!) but almost every single trainee/ future trainee I know or have spoken to has been through the exact same thing as you are going through and they all say the same as I am.

Fingers absolutely crossed for you that you end up somewhere you love.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Bit greedy. You've already got Latham. Clearly want more $$

I'm sure I don't need to say this but comments like this aren't welcome here. @hunter is completely within his right to choose between any firm that he's worked hard on applications on. If you don't have anything nice/constructive to say then it's better to not say anything at all.

Last edited:

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Seeing lots of people who have heard back with AC invites from Bakers, congrats guys, really well done! For anyone waiting to hear back can confirm they do watch VIs in batches and send out AC invites in batches too! Hoping more of you hear back with good news soon! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.