2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA98

Nov 11, 2019
Sorry I mean backwards as in from submission deadline and working back to the earliest apps as the invites seem to be going in that order if that makes sense?
It's much more likely they're dividing it up by spring/summer applications. Plus, I don't think it's ever worth guessing as it could quite simply be random or one of their assessors has got through their candidates much faster than the others!

Reactions: Lauren2001

BiancaR

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 12
  • Jun 8, 2020
    Does anyone have advice on answering the "In which areas of law do you want to practice & why?" question? I'm writing about my interest in energy law because my home community is heavily reliant upon the oil and gas industry and I'm eager to be involved in an industry which is currently evolving to become more sustainable. I'm a non-law student, so other than my personal experiences I'm finding it hard to contextualise. Is this an ok way to frame my answer?

CA98

Nov 11, 2019
    04/01! gosh it’s been ages for you I wonder what’s going on. I know they did a couple of interviews surely they can’t be full already?

They're probably waiting till after applications close on the 17th so don't lose hope! They only run one vacation scheme so they wouldn't want to do too many interviews (if any at all) before they knew how many applications they had and the general quality of them.

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    Had an AC with Linklaters yesterday and got an email today asking to schedule a call about the outcome. Is it good or bad that they've made the decision so quickly?!
    I think it's impossible to tell with Links. They endeavour to let everyone know ASAP after the Vacation Scheme. I got my Winter VS offer 2 days after the AC though, so best of luck!

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Does anyone have advice on answering the "In which areas of law do you want to practice & why?" question? I'm writing about my interest in energy law because my home community is heavily reliant upon the oil and gas industry and I'm eager to be involved in an industry which is currently evolving to become more sustainable. I'm a non-law student, so other than my personal experiences I'm finding it hard to contextualise. Is this an ok way to frame my answer?

Use this question to show your commercial awareness as well. Demonstrate that you understand the role of a [insert practice area] lawyer and also highlight some of the interesting/challenging things happening in that sector. Then say why you find that work/sector interesting/appealing/exciting etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.