2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Does anyone know what the Mayer Brown tests involve and how to best prepare?

There’s a situational strengths test and verbal reasoning, not sure if it’s a watson glaser though

It’s a document review and a situational judgement test. Also remember I did it back-to-back even though I didn’t want to, so not sure if it’s an option.
    Honestly don’t think you can prepare for it

Reactions: gg332dd

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Does anyone know what the Mayer Brown tests involve and how to best prepare?

There’s a situational strengths test and verbal reasoning, not sure if it’s a watson glaser though

Go on the practice tests they send through. It is not a Watson Glaser.

SST is just a normal SST. You just rank the choices in order of what you would do/how you would feel. Not really much to practice for that. Just think how the firm expects their trainees to act.

Reactions: Edward and gg332dd

Helpme12345

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Rejected from CMS post-AC :(
    So sorry to hear that but don’t lose hope! Am I right in thinking it was your first one? Sometimes it takes time to get into the swing of things, and keep trying for your other applications! I got rejected post-AC for two schemes last cycle and it just makes you more aware of your strengths/weaknesses which can only be a positive thing for your next interviews I think.​

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    So sorry to hear that but don’t lose hope! Am I right in thinking it was your first one? Sometimes it takes time to get into the swing of things, and keep trying for your other applications! I got rejected post-AC for two schemes last cycle and it just makes you more aware of your strengths/weaknesses which can only be a positive thing for your next interviews I think.​
    Yeah it was my first one, and first time doing any sort of assessed case study etc so it would’ve been quite a fluke to have got it. Just hits hard when you get so far and get your hopes up haha. Hopefully I’ll get some good news from my remaining apps :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.