2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Does anyone know how long does Mayer Brown take to get back to candidates after the Verbal Test? Also, am I screwed if I didn't do well on the test? Scored "average" on the best. Don't know what went wrong, usually do well on those. Hope it turns out well.
I got four average and one below average. Don't worry :)

Reactions: E.A

gg332dd

Valued Member
Apr 2, 2020
Does anyone know how long does Mayer Brown take to get back to candidates after the Verbal Test? Also, am I screwed if I didn't do well on the test? Scored "average" on the best. Don't know what went wrong, usually do well on those. Hope it turns out well.
How long did it take to get your report? I did it last week and still waiting, not sure if I should email them

Honcho37

Jan 21, 2021
CMS VS offer :) :D. I did the AC 2 days ago, quick turnaround!

Btw, not sure if this has been flagged, but I'm an active/previous user, and I can't seem to log in through Google(hence why I made this account) :( (believe me, tried so much to make it work), so just letting the team know! Great job on the redesign TCLA team! Looks sleek!

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Also PFO from SPB, I applied in the same week as the deadline as well

I don't know about any of you but I found the rejection email quite patronising? Where it said "Unfortunately in this instance we did not feel your application demonstrated all of the above to the level required. Due to the volume of applications we have received, we are not in a position to offer you individual feedback on your application. However it may be possible for you to receive such feedback from a careers advisor at your university; they should be able to help you identify which areas can be improved and how best to achieve this." - I don't think they even read my application! I don't go to university, graduated years ago and have been working ever since... I know you sometimes you can go back to your university careers service, but I still found it a little patronising
I agree, tbh I find it was meant to be helpful but a generic feedback is really not helpful imo.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    CMS VS offer :) :D. I did the AC 2 days ago, quick turnaround!

Btw, not sure if this has been flagged, but I'm an active/previous user, and I can't seem to log in through Google(hence why I made this account) :( (believe me, tried so much to make it work), so just letting the team know! Great job on the redesign TCLA team! Looks sleek!

Huge congrats on your VS offer!! :D

Sorry you had to make an entirely new account to share the news. Can confirm Jaysen is already working on the Google log in issue!

Reactions: Jaysen and Honcho37

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Anyone heard from Mayer Brown post-phone interview? My interviewer told me I'd hear back by mid-January, assuming they're just very busy? (I hear their GR has two people as well, so it's understandable)

Waiting patiently. I spoke to Callum last week and he said that they are very busy and only two of them working so will get back to us ASAP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.