Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If this isn't a TC, most jobs usually have something like a one month notice period which if you don't provide, you'd have to pay them one month's salary. That being said, I think this varies depending on your contract so maybe have a look at that.

If it is a TC, then yes you can renege. It just won't look very good but if you haven't accepted financial assistance then there's no personal loss to you.
You’d never be asked to pay one month’s salary to an organisation unless you received a salary upfront and then didn’t work for the full period. Most organisations don’t pay you until you have accumulated that week/months pay cheque - payroll is usually retrospective.

There are circumstances where you have to pay back your pay cheque though - usually if you have taken all your holiday, then leave and you need to pay back the holiday you haven’t accumulated.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Dheepa

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Me seeing myself in a Video Interview recording playback:

scared how i met your mother GIF

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I wanted to make it a good one. Request from @Lumree for more HIMYM I believe

For those that may be wondering, we just introduced a new feature to the TCLA forums. You can now insert GIFs directly into posts using this button in the text editor!

This was almost singlehandedly because of these guys 😄.

1611240713066.png

I'm also in the process of starting to release new content via the forums, which we're now able to do as a result of the upgrade. Check out our series of interviews with future trainees here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....raining-contract-offers-with-patricia-k.3247/. The aim is to give you an insight into the highs and lows of the journey faced by future trainees from a range of backgrounds.

Last edited:

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Just got my SPB PFO, I think I applied on deadline so looks like they might have got back to a big chunk of us now?

Also PFO from SPB, I applied in the same week as the deadline as well

I don't know about any of you but I found the rejection email quite patronising? Where it said "Unfortunately in this instance we did not feel your application demonstrated all of the above to the level required. Due to the volume of applications we have received, we are not in a position to offer you individual feedback on your application. However it may be possible for you to receive such feedback from a careers advisor at your university; they should be able to help you identify which areas can be improved and how best to achieve this." - I don't think they even read my application! I don't go to university, graduated years ago and have been working ever since... I know you sometimes you can go back to your university careers service, but I still found it a little patronising

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.