Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Thanks for letting me know. I was afraid I was getting rejected as Latham is my dream firm. I attended their open day this year and worked really hard on the app. Getting rejected before a VI would be a huge blow to me. I submitted my app on 31/12. hope they do send the invites in batches this time too.
I'm in the same position as you! Got on to their OD and sent application off on deadline day. fingers crossed for both of us!

Reactions: AS2000

Carmen H

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi! I was just wondering with regard to this question "Why do you want to become a solicitor and what attributes do you believe you need to excel in this field?" Should I here focus only on the attributes themselves or should I also talk about how I have demonstrated those attributes, or would that not be answering the question?
Many thanks!
which firm is this for?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can you renege a job offer even once you have signed a contract? Don't wanna put that pen to paper and get stuck 😂

You technically can. I wouldn’t recommend it just because you’re less likely to be able to work for that organisation in the future, compared to if you just declined the offer from the outset. I would generally recommend asking if you can have more time to consider the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.