DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Extremely fast reply! FYI I just received the following from GR '' Many thanks for your email. We received your Watson Glaser test results on 30 December. We are still reviewing applications and finalising who we would like to invite to Assessment Centre, so you should hear back from us in the next few weeks. Many thanks for your patience – we want to ensure that we give all applications due consideration.''

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hope we all hear this week!

My application just updated on the submission portal, really don't feel confident after how my WG went o_O
    As people have stated above, I wouldn't worry too much. I also reckon that it is easier for them to reject someone quickly if they haven't reached the WG benchmark! If your application has updated on the portal, it could easily mean you've reached the benchmark and they've read over your application!:)

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    hahahaha, my application was last updated 7th December! I applied in November, so I guess I have a rejection coming my way? 😅
    I'm increasingly feeling this way too, mine was updated on 11th Jan. I've tried not to read into that but it feels like it's getting really late now for a positive response.

• Sad
    Reactions: AW_08

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    hahahaha, my application was last updated 7th December! I applied in November, so I guess I have a rejection coming my way? 😅

I'm increasingly feeling this way too, mine was updated on 11th Jan. I've tried not to read into that but it feels like it's getting really late now for a positive response.

Mine updated in January too, I'm hoping that we've been moved on to the yes pile and they're just waiting to send out AC invites in a batch 😅 I would've thought that once our app has been viewed after WG it would be rejected/advanced straight away but I guess the recruitment process is never straight forward

CJCH

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Nov 2, 2020
    Mine was also updated on 11 Jan. I emailed to ask and they said the "update" refers to the grad rec team downloading the app for review. But they will get in touch after further review.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Kubed and KerC14

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018
    Mine was also updated on 11 Jan. I emailed to ask and they said the "update" refers to the grad rec team downloading the app for review. But they will get in touch after further review.

Ah, mine still hasn't been updated since I submitted so they might not have even reviewed it yet then - I need to have more patience haha!

Reactions: KerC14

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.