DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

CorporateB3

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
I also just emailed them and can confirm that I was rejected. I applied towards the end of December and wrote the WG a the beginning of January. They updated my application on January 18 (which I saw) and they sent me a screenshot of a PFO from that same day. I did not receive the email and it was not in my junk inbox. May be worth sending a quick email.

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
I also just emailed them and can confirm that I was rejected. I applied towards the end of December and wrote the WG a the beginning of January. They updated my application on January 18 (which I saw) and they sent me a screenshot of a PFO from that same day. I did not receive the email and it was not in my junk inbox. May be worth sending a quick email.
My application updated on the same day so this isn't looking good for me either! How did you word the email?

CorporateB3

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
My application updated on the same day so this isn't looking good for me either! How did you word the email?
Dear DLA Piper Graduate Recruitment Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is xxxx l and I applied to the Summer Internship Programme in December 2020. I wanted to know if you have a ball park timeline of when I can expect to hear back, or if I have possibly missed a rejection message. I checked my junk inbox and have not spotted any such messages.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards,

• 🏆
Reactions: Bonolaw, KerC14 and AW_08

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
Dear DLA Piper Graduate Recruitment Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is xxxx l and I applied to the Summer Internship Programme in December 2020. I wanted to know if you have a ball park timeline of when I can expect to hear back, or if I have possibly missed a rejection message. I checked my junk inbox and have not spotted any such messages.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards,
Ah thanks! I'm deffo going to email them, they must have an issue with emails going through

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Sending an email now also, my application was updated on 11 January so I'm expecting a PFO - it does seem like they have issues with their outbox!

Reactions: KerC14

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    I applied end of December (like day before deadline) and do my WG mid jan. my portal hasn’t been updated since I submitted though (not even after WG). Should I email to check they’ve received my application or just not worry ? Trying not to overthink lol

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    When mine updated on the 11th, I still had the option, but then it updated again on the 19th, and I can't!
    I have the same issue, was updated multiple times, the last time on the 20th of Jan and now I can no longer withdraw my application. I suppose that not being able to withdraw the application means that we should have received a PFO? Can someone clarify this?

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    They got back pretty quickly with a PFO! Claiming to have sent the email on 11 Jan but I've been keeping a close eye on my inbox/junk folder so I don't think that's the case.

Hatikulli

Nov 23, 2019
    GUYS,
    IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD BACK AND IT IS UPDATED ON THE PORTAL, I SUGGEST EMAIL THE GRAD TEAM.
    Mine was updated on 20th but no emails. I sent them an email now asking for an update. They replied in 10 mins with my PFO.
    Do it maybe so your mind can be at ease. Hope it helps.

Hatikulli

Nov 23, 2019
    GUYS,
    IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD BACK AND IT IS UPDATED ON THE PORTAL, I SUGGEST EMAIL THE GRAD TEAM.
    Mine was updated on 20th but no emails. I sent them an email now asking for an update. They replied in 10 mins with my PFO.
    Do it maybe so your mind can be at ease. Hope it helps.
    Their exact response :

"I can see from our systems that we emailed you on 20 January at 6.40pm to let you know that unfortunately we would not be progressing with your application on this occasion. There seems to be an issue with our emails reaching gmail accounts which we are currently looking into."

Last edited:

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    GUYS,
    Do it now so your mind can be at ease. Hope it helps.
    You are right, I emailed them on the 8th of January and they told me that they are still going through applications, is it too early to email again?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.