DLA Piper Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

Emily K

Valued Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 29, 2018
i have a hotmail account and still nothing!! i already emailed earlier in the week tho to chase my app (they replied saying still reviewing) so i dont want to email again. just annoying that there's obviously an update and i dont know what it is lol

Ah let me know if you receive an outcome, I have a gmail account so slightly worried it won't come through haha! Yeah it's agonising isn't it! I know they said to expect an update by 5th Feb, but hopefully it will be sooner than that :)

Sel

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2019
Did you say you spoke to grad rec? I'm worried I've missed something - am I right in saying you can't check for messages on the portal? Just email?
Yeah, they said they're still reviewing apps and we should hear back by mid-Feb. It doesn't seem like you can check for messages on the portal, but if you're worried then I would email them

Reactions: NikkiT

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Yeah, they said they're still reviewing apps and we should hear back by mid-Feb. It doesn't seem like you can check for messages on the portal, but if you're worried then I would email them

Ok great thanks! Worried to get in touch in case I get a rejection as my reply 😂 maybe best to wait until mid-Feb?

Emily K

Valued Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 29, 2018
Ok great thanks! Worried to get in touch in case I get a rejection as my reply 😂 maybe best to wait until mid-Feb?

I'm in the same situation. I'm giving it until 5th Feb since one of their emails stated that we should expect an update by then. I'm just nervous because of the whole problem reaching gmail accounts!

Reactions: NikkiT

Bonolaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 28, 2021
    The problem I am having here as a gmail account holder is how many people have not received their invites to move forward with the application, and have therefore missed other deadlines to accept the invite and hence ben rejected for that reason through no fault of their own.

Reactions: lawstudent118

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    I'm using a gmail account and not had an update.

I have noticed issues over the last few years with emails and GR. Had the same issue with Pinsent Masons and therefore switched from Outlook to gmail this year and now I find myself in the same boat again.

• Sad
    Reactions: Bonolaw

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.