2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

traineeintraining

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hi, I had one last week. There were no commercial awareness questions in the HR interview only competency and motivation questions. The questions are little tricky so prepare as many stories and scenarios as you can. Take your time to think about an answer and try not to get flustered. For the partner interview really think about the work a trainee will do in the firm and what elements are involved in representing a client from a law firms perspective. Think about Links practise areas pick a few and focus on how they work both technically and commercially. Hope that helps!
Thank You ! in relation to the practice area element could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean when you say technically and commercially

Soriginal234

Star Member
Dec 31, 2020
Is anybody still yet to hear from TLT?

I've seen rejections and ACs given out but I still have nothing and also saw that they had some trouble with their application website around the deadline. I'm pretty sure my application uploaded but I'm wondering if given all the circumstances it's worth me emailing to double check. Thanks!
Hi - I’m still waiting to hear back from them too.
With regards to the ACs and rejections you’ve seen being handed out, do you know which office these have been for?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi guys - does anyone know how the application process is working for Stephenson Harwood for their vac schemes this year? After the interview with HR are there further stages?
    There’s a case study stage after the interview and then if successful you’ll get an offer. Not too sure what the case study contains though, I’m still waiting to hear back after my interview :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: AH97, JayB and Mina J

Sares M

Jan 25, 2021
    Thank You ! in relation to the practice area element could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean when you say technically and commercially
    Consider what might be involved in a deal and how lawyers assist in this TCLA has some great articles on these.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.