2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hi! For the application question, “what is one thing you would change about our firm and why”, is it risky to mention wanting to see an improvement in diversity and inclusion? I wanted to begin the answer by acknowledging what the firm has started doing, but that their statistics indicate that they really have a long way to go. Furthermore I would mention the benefits of the firm incorporating more D+I. However, I’m not sure if I should instead focus on a more purely “commercial answer” (e.g. expansion to different countries etc).
Thank you 😊
I think diversity & inclusivity as an answer is fine. You may want to develop it by suggesting specific D&I initiatives that the firm has not done, but that you would like them to do. Remember to also add why this is important.

Good luck! :)

Alisha S

Star Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Really curious to know how many vac schemes people applied to this year ? If its more than me it will motivate me to send out a few last minute extras lol
    It's my first application cycle, sent 6 so far! Finishing writing 2 more. Aiming for much more though, but it has been rough balancing applications and studies. Also going to go for some last-minute ones this week!

Reactions: layla rose and jd3447

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Interview invitation from Withers! This is my first AC type interview invite after 2 years of applying, so happy!

took long enough at last GIF

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    If anybody needs some encouragement on a Thursday afternoon, re. Kirkland applications - I saw a few people receiving AC invites on here yesterday and then those who hadn't, prematurely accepting their lack of invites as a sure rejection. I spoke to a member of Kirkland GR today, who told me that my app. is still under consideration - yours probably is too! so don't feel bad.
    Good to know - out of curiosity, have you done the VI or are they still on your paper application?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.