2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

APP

Nov 4, 2020
Clyde & Co rejection post-app!

Good luck to anyone still in the process :)
If anyone is wondering, I applied a day before the deadli
C&C PFO for the London office.

Most difficult rejection to take as I spent endless hours on it.

My A-levels are holding me back despite mitigating circumstances.

Screw the process.
Same here. Trying to find the will to continue.

RS134

• Sep 17, 2020
    Really curious to know how many vac schemes people applied to this year ? If its more than me it will motivate me to send out a few last minute extras lol
    Two apps... and one more next month which'll bump it up to three. I know people do way more, but I'm struggling to stay afloat with my studies right now so I'm focusing on exams instead.

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    I am doing a Dechert application and their last question is "If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form". What do they expect to see in this section and is it ok to leave it blank?

FeuxFollets20

Jan 28, 2021
    I'm sorry, that sucks! Hope you get more positive responses soon. May I ask when you received the news and at what stage of the app you were on?
    Thanks! And it was today & post-app, not surprised at the outcome as I applied on deadline day, but just slightly confused about the 'commencing TC in 2023' thing as I would be eligible (surely my final year status would suggest that?)

Reactions: Sara648926

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi! For the application question, “what is one thing you would change about our firm and why”, is it risky to mention wanting to see an improvement in diversity and inclusion? I wanted to begin the answer by acknowledging what the firm has started doing, but that their statistics indicate that they really have a long way to go. Furthermore I would mention the benefits of the firm incorporating more D+I. However, I’m not sure if I should instead focus on a more purely “commercial answer” (e.g. expansion to different countries etc).
    Thank you 😊
    Not risky at all, just ensure there are adequate facts and statistics to support your response!

lozza_2

Distinguished Member
    Nov 25, 2019
    I am doing a Dechert application and their last question is "If applicable please state any additional information which you think is relevant to your application or which you think has not been covered adequately in this form". What do they expect to see in this section and is it ok to leave it blank?
    I sent my application off the other day and in this section I just put points that I had to delete from the first question (why Dechert) due to word count. I don't think it is necessary to fill this question in however and do think it is personal choice!

Tarnjeet

Esteemed Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    Can confirm I haven't! And submitted yesterday. Did you get it straight after?
    No, I submitted my application today but the confirmation email doesn’t say anything about an online test. Also based on earlier responses it’s seems like there isn’t a set time between when you receive the online test (one response said a day after, another said three weeks). Not sure if this means that the online test is an additional stage of the application as opposed to being part of the initial written application stage.

Jot Soor

Jan 11, 2021
    Hi guys, for the Reed Smith application the question that asks what are your main activities and interests outside study/work-life is it okay to include the career societies that I am a part of at University. Especially if they are finance/law related. Or are they looking for interests like music/sport etc. Thanks!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Hi guys, for the Reed Smith application the question that asks what are your main activities and interests outside study/work-life is it okay to include the career societies that I am a part of at University. Especially if they are finance/law related. Or are they looking for interests like music/sport etc. Thanks!
    I’d say both - this first screening stage uses very limited number of questions so I’d use any chance to stand out

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.