2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran Tierney

Jan 20, 2021
Congratulations, that's amazing! I'm still yet to hear from Bird & Bird post VI for the summer scheme

Many congratulations!

Hopefully these will help! I'm not familiar with the content of the B&B AC but hopefully some of it will be relevant for you :)
Thank you so much i appreciate it!!

Reactions: Jacob Miller

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass something on. The first vacation scheme I ever secured was an application that I submitted at about 11pm on the 31st January. I wasn't planning on applying until a friend of mine flagged it up and said I should just go for it. If it wasn't for that application, I would have had no vacation schemes/offers that cycle.

I know this has been a tough month, so it's completely understandable if you need a break. But if you have time (and the motivation) over the next few days to send just one extra application out, that could be the application that leads to an offer.

Just when I was about to stop applying, you just HAD to comment this. Back in we go! 😂

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    Did DLA Piper give out an automated email after the Watson Glaser? I completed the Watson Glaser but have heard nothing since, not even an automated email to say I'd completed the test, so I'm worried I've done something wrong (although it's probably just a rejection haha).
    It might be worth emailing them, I think a lot of their responses to people have been filtered out for some reason (also the case with me)

MW110601

Star Member
    Aug 31, 2020
    Did DLA Piper give out an automated email after the Watson Glaser? I completed the Watson Glaser but have heard nothing since, not even an automated email to say I'd completed the test, so I'm worried I've done something wrong (although it's probably just a rejection haha).
    Hey, I didn't receive any email after completing the Watson Glaser so I don't think it is something they confirm, but they should have received it as long as you completed the test. Emails have been filtered out of a lot of peoples inboxes though so there is no harm in emailing them for an update on your application🙂

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Don’t worry they don’t send a confirmation email (I double checked mine a few days ago, they said there’s no confirmation email for completing the WG and that they had received the results automatically) x

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Really curious to know how many vac schemes people applied to this year ? If its more than me it will motivate me to send out a few last minute extras lol
    10 so far. Trying to juggle full-time work and applications is not easy! Will take a break now and then come back (hopefully more energised!) for some direct TC applications. ;)

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Thank you for the information! I also tried reaching out to their grad team through LinkedIn but they haven't responded yet. I applied late, on either 31/12 or 01/01. Sometimes no news is good too, but I can't stop feeling anxious about the process! When did you apply by the way?
    I think it was a day or two before the deadline!

Tarnjeet

Esteemed Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    For anyone who has applied to BCLP VS, did you get an invite to their online test straight after submitting your application?
    Does the written application and online test form one stage of the process?

Thanks,

FeuxFollets20

Jan 28, 2021
    Rejected by Akin Gump's Summer VS and they said due to the limited size of the programme, they would concentrate on candidates who would be able to commence a TC in 2023, this is a generic rejection email I'm guessing? As I'm a final year student, and intend to take GDL in September which would make me eligible for a TC in 2023?

Sara648926

Jan 15, 2021
    Rejected by Akin Gump's Summer VS and they said due to the limited size of the programme, they would concentrate on candidates who would be able to commence a TC in 2023, this is a generic rejection email I'm guessing? As I'm a final year student, and intend to take GDL in September which would make me eligible for a TC in 2023?
    I'm sorry, that sucks! Hope you get more positive responses soon. May I ask when you received the news and at what stage of the app you were on?

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Also got a PFO from Clyde & Co! I applied the day before the deadline if anyone is curious :)

Onwards and upwards!
    Clyde & Co rejection post-app!

Good luck to anyone still in the process :)
    If anyone is wondering, I applied a day before the deadline!

Rejection from Clyde & Co!

Clyde & Co rejection. Confused as I spent the most time on this one and networked a lot w the firm so my app was very tailored and well researched...
    Really sorry to hear this guys :( I just wondered if i could ask what office this was for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.