Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Dheepa

did you amend your app for your later application at all?

Hi, yup I did. I changed the cover letter and everything else pretty substantially and personally I did feel like it was overall a much stronger application. I'd recommend always changing your responses when re-applying!

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    As far as I know, they started to get back to those that applied to the spring scheme :) However, they do so in chronological order, so those that applied earliest will also hear back earlier than those that applied later
    How do you know that they screen applications based on chronological order?

NA27

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 19, 2020
    How do you know that they screen applications based on chronological order?
    It does seem like the people who applied earlier (e.g. in October when apps had just opened) are starting to hear back, especially for the spring scheme. Think there was a post on the Vac Scheme discussion forum which said they had heard back.

Reactions: Dwight

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    It does seem like the people who applied earlier (e.g. in October when apps had just opened) are starting to hear back, especially for the spring scheme. Think there was a post on the Vac Scheme discussion forum which said they had heard back.
    Yes, agreed! I know a few people who applied early/mid-October, which suggests that they review applications in a chronological order. This seems to align with the fact that they recruit on a rolling basis.

Reactions: ishikam and Dwight

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Are there any others that applied for the spring scheme mid-November and who have still not heard back? I saw that some who applied at the end of November and before heard back already. Not sure why I haven't heard back yet :(

sabma

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Are there any others that applied for the spring scheme mid-November and who have still not heard back? I saw that some who applied at the end of November and before heard back already. Not sure why I haven't heard back yet :(
    I applied 1st Nov and I heard back yesterday so it might not be strictly chronological then? I think at this point, no point trying to figure out he system, just wait till you hear back as anxious as that can be! Best of luck with your app 💌🍀

Reactions: castrooo and JayB

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.