Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Does anyone know if you are allowed to apply for a TC if you've received a rejection for a vac scheme?

Yes you can! And both applications can be in the same app cycle - I applied for a spring VS was rejected but got invited to interview for a TC app I made later that year xx

• 🏆
    Reactions: Teniola Adigun and JJP

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    Guys for this question

Please give details of any interests and extra-curricular activities, including any positions of responsibility or achievements.

is there a word limit? Also did everyone include interests as well? Seems like a lot for one question!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    There isn't a word limit - but the advice that I received from GR when applying is do your best to not repeat any extra-curriculars/achievements that you've already mentioned in your CL. So I would still keep it to about 250/300 words max :)

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    I was an idiot and addressed mine to Graduate Recruitment. Does anyone think this will pose a huge problem?

No not at all. Even if you wrote Dear Sir/Madam then that wouldn't be an issue.

As long as you observe the correct formalities of a CL (and so write the correct name to address it to) you'll be fine!

I don;t recall them specifying this on the app?

It's on the FAQ page.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.