2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc123

Feb 3, 2021
Does Katten ask everyone to confirm their right to work in the UK?

I’ve been asked to send a scan of my passport. I’m a UK citizen and studied in the UK, so I’m not sure why I’ve been asked or if they ask everyone.
I think so because I was asked the same. Have you heard back from them at all?

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    There's some technical issues with an online test I did for a firm (basically GR didn't get the result). It appears to be a fairly complicated issue so after a few emails the GR escalated it to IT and told me it wouldn't affect the outcome of my application.
    Maybe it's just a standard thing they say, but if missing one test result doesn't affect the outcome surely it's because they already decided to give me a PFO due to bad performance in other tests? LOL
    Part of me feel they should just reject me instead of leaving me hanging (but the other part of me is still hoping that it's not a PFO 🙃)

Reactions: FM302989

lol123456781

Standard Member
    Nov 12, 2020
    What office was this for? I did my telephone interview for the London office around 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything!
    It was for London Summer.
    But on the phone she said that they had gotten 50% more applications this year than previous years and that it was taking a long time to sort through everything but they would try to get back to everyone within 4 weeks

summer207

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2021
    Does anyone have any tips for group exercises? I’ve done one during an open day in first year and there was someone who talked majority of the time and talked over me at some point, so I didn’t really want to contribute after that. Any tips when doing this for a vac scheme AC?

lildumpling

Dec 5, 2020
    Hi! I was wondering whether anyone was still waiting on HSF for the summer vac scheme? I completed the test back in Nov/Dec and I've seen a few people getting rejections, ACs etc, and I swear I even saw someone on linkedin already get a place on the vac scheme?

Reactions: bzheng

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    There's some technical issues with an online test I did for a firm (basically GR didn't get the result). It appears to be a fairly complicated issue so after a few emails the GR escalated it to IT and told me it wouldn't affect the outcome of my application.
    Maybe it's just a standard thing they say, but if missing one test result doesn't affect the outcome surely it's because they already decided to give me a PFO due to bad performance in other tests? LOL
    Part of me feel they should just reject me instead of leaving me hanging (but the other part of me is still hoping that it's not a PFO 🙃)
    Hmm I wouldn't assume its a rejection based on that. I suppose it could equally mean that they won't let the technical error affect the outcome of your application.

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Not necessarily. It could be the complete opposite and that you performed so highly in the others that you're definitely through regardless of that mark, it could be that they'll take an average of the other tests and assume it's the mark you got, it could be that they have a mitigation procedure where they look for the competencies the test was assessing in your written app and grade you like that, it could be that lots of people had the same technical issue that you had so they're completely excluding it for their decision-making for everyone, it could be so many other things.

A PFO IS NOT A PFO UNTIL IT'S A PFO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.