2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
It's for a Dechert AC if anyone has done one before.
I haven't done Dechert personally but what I've always been told is that written exercises tend to be time pressured and test your time management as much as anything else so keep an eye on the time! I would also say keep in mind who the written exercise is addressed to- if it's a lawyer you can probably use more technical terms than if it's a client

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I was wondering, I was thinking of applying for Ashurst's TC - those of you who have done the VS application, do they allow exemptions from the cognify test? I have done it before and the tasks are a bit inappropriate/unfair for disabilities.

lawloser

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2021
    Sounding like a broken record at this point lol but is anyone still waiting on Reed Smith post research questions for the Spring VS?

And is anyone still waiting on Willkie post app?
    Willkie sent out written test invites with 4 possible dates all this week, and they said they were going to try correct them by end feb so they may not be looking at any further apps

Reactions: Deleted member 8599

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    This is me with CC... Genuinely have PTSD from the M&A case study Partner interview (didn't even know what M&A was at the time 3/4 years ago), and when asked which other firms I'd applied to I said a regional firm and a US firm 🥴

I can one up you on that. When the partner asked me why I didn't apply to any US firms (I'd talked about preferring UK firms in my app form) I told him I didn't want to be owned by a firm and wanted to have the time to have a life!

I was just totally clueless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.