2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    Thursday 28 Jan; there may always be more written exercise dates!
    I think there will be more written exercise dates for Willkie (I did mine on Tuesday). I know some people doing their VI tomorrow/early next week so if they're successful at that stage, they gotta do the written at some point right? Good luck to everyone waiting :)

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    Interesting thanks! I applied on the 17th. Do you think its worth emailing and checking in?
    I applied for Weil before Christmas, took me two weeks to hear about the next stage but I think they're also busy with spring vac scheme so may take longer! I don't think it's wrong to email but I also don't think it's uncommon for firms to take about a month for initial app review either!

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    I was wondering, I was thinking of applying for Ashurst's TC - those of you who have done the VS application, do they allow exemptions from the cognify test? I have done it before and the tasks are a bit inappropriate/unfair for disabilities.

I have thought the same about similar tests but have been unsure how best to articulate my concerns (for grad recruitment).

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I have thought the same about similar tests but have been unsure how best to articulate my concerns (for grad recruitment).
    Always arrange a call as it is more polite and allows the convo to flow better. Challenge them, stand your ground, put an end to empty D&I claims. When a firm says they are disability-inclusive, they should actually be disability-inclusive -rather than doing it for publicity.

LJ96

Premium Member
    Feb 29, 2020
    Has anyone heard anything from Birketts? I last heard last week when I was told I passed the initial stage of shortlisting and they would get back to me on whether I was being called for interview (taking place next week) but have since heard nothing

Reactions: Staples and Anya B

Anya B

Distinguished Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Has anyone heard anything from Birketts? I last heard last week when I was told I passed the initial stage of shortlisting and they would get back to me on whether I was being called for interview (taking place next week) but have since heard nothing
    I had the same email and haven't heard anything either! Which office did you apply for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.