Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi

Reed smith wants me to send some answers within 5 days.
    I received this email on Tuesday. The 5th day is Saturday. Does this mean I have to send it to them by Friday?
    It would probably mean end of day Saturday but I would personally try to have a good look through everything long before then in case you notice any issues/ need advice and can't access anyone over the weekend.

Reactions: AspiringLawyer112

JoeF

Star Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Hi all,

I know this can be a long shot, but do people have any insight as to which law firms are recruiting for TCs with 2022 start? I know Willkie and Katten do, but maybe there are more.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I got espresso and my diss reading, what more could a man want?
    Oh wow - snap. Also doing my diss - though my laptop refuses to work. What's yours on?
    excited how i met your mother GIF

• Haha
    Reactions: JoNo

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Hi all,

I know this can be a long shot, but do people have any insight as to which law firms are recruiting for TCs with 2022 start? I know Willkie and Katten do, but maybe there are more.

As someone who is impatient to get a job too, something you should consider is just applying for 2023 TCs and just asking if they will let you start sooner. I was speaking to a recruiter at interview about this recently and apparently it's not uncommon for one or two trainees every cycle to want to defer their TC for a year after receiving it.

But ultimately, it depends on the firm. The worst thing they can do is say no and you have to paralegal for a bit. Could be a good opportunity to experience a different practice area anyway.

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
    Jan 3, 2021
    It would probably mean end of day Saturday but I would personally try to have a good look through everything long before then in case you notice any issues/ need advice and can't access anyone over the weekend.
    Thank you! I have started it today but just wanted to know how much time I had (I work full-time so it’s hard)

I agree, I’m hoping to complete it today and review tomorrow morning

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.