Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello! I know that this question seems the easiest but it does confuse me a little bit. If any of you has any advice on how to approach this it will be much appreciated. My question is, do I respond with a time when I was in the best team (for example in a competition or project) or can I discuss something more general for example working in a restaurant and talk about the team. I hope this does make sense, I cannot think of some other way to explain it.
Tell us about the best team you have ever been part of. In your answer, you should include details about your role in the team and the other team members, how you fostered strong working relationships and what you achieved together.
Jaysen’s advice is spot on. It’s trying to work out how you identify with when a team is “the best” for you, what you like about the dynamics of that team and what made it the best team you have worked with.

It can be any example, but just try to find a genuine example of where you have enjoyed working in a team, and ideally in a successful one!

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Anyone thinking of applying to direct TCs after VS outcomes? I’m a bit worried with how competitive VSs have been but it still seems like it’s worth a shot!
    After achieving a VS, I have been considering to apply for TC's as I actually have some legal work experience now

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    For anyone waiting for Milbank Post-AC it is likely VS offers have been given out verbally(During my ac she said offers will most likely be given verbally first and rejections will follow possibly by end of this week) .. I’ve just seen someone update their linkedin to incoming vac scheme at Milbank.. so safe to assume I’ve been rejected... but I am glad to have got to the AC stage.

Reactions: W

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    After achieving a VS, I have been considering to apply for TC's as I actually have some legal work experience now
    That’s very clever! I’m working full-time so I just feel that TC might be easier than getting 2 weeks off! Also I have some “legal” work experience as I’m a court clerk and I just get to sit in court hearings all day so I’m hoping some of the legal stuff is rubbing off!

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    For anyone waiting for Milbank Post-AC it is likely VS offers have been given out verbally(During my ac she said offers will most likely be given verbally first and rejections will follow possibly by end of this week) .. I’ve just seen someone update their linkedin to incoming vac scheme at Milbank.. so safe to assume I’ve been rejected... but I am glad to have got to the AC stage.
    They'll likely have a lot of people to call! Don't count yourself out yet 🤍

Reactions: Pallatablelawyer

BigLawBois

Standard Member
    Feb 15, 2021
    I think its best to wait bc that's only one person so far.

Reactions: Pallatablelawyer

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    That’s very clever! I’m working full-time so I just feel that TC might be easier than getting 2 weeks off! Also I have some “legal” work experience as I’m a court clerk and I just get to sit in court hearings all day so I’m hoping some of the legal stuff is rubbing off!
    Yeah, I put off direct TC apps until I had a VS so I had stuff to still apply to :) - ohhh that sounds interesting

AR3

Feb 3, 2021
    Anyone thinking of applying to direct TCs after VS outcomes? I’m a bit worried with how competitive VSs have been but it still seems like it’s worth a shot!
    I think I will for one! The firm who suggested re-applying mentioned at an Open Day that they might have a few spaces left after their VS because they're not in the same position as they were this time last year re. COVID, so more spaces might be available - but I think it's still worth a shot either way if you really like the firm!

Reactions: thirdtimelucky

Jony

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Anyone heard anything from Ropes? Not stressed (yet) as it's only been two weeks, just curious.

For Ropes, according to last year's results, some people started getting AC invites around the 6th of Feb, with acceptances and rejections up to the 28th of Feb - this year might take a bit longer, so I'd say the early results should be coming out soonish! But no news yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.