Status
Not open for further replies.

iamJW

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 21, 2019
Amazing - did they call to say? i thought they usually email?
To be honest I was also surprised by the call as well! I was actually expecting a call for a delivery so when I found out it was in fact Travers Smith's GR and that I would be invited to interview I was completely overwhelmed!

I have also received an email to confirm all the details so I am not completely sure if this is standard practice!

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
I submitted my VI for addleshaw london 3 weeks ago now after a technical error. People who have submitted same time as me seem to have had a reply so far. Do you think I should email or just wait it out? I’m concerned my VI might have been lost
What was the technical error? I would personally wait it out, just because I assume Grad rec are already busy as it is

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can you elaborate on this please? What do they assess exactly with written exercises, and why is it ok if you don't complete it?

I always struggled with these too as my handwriting is generally very slow
Any assessment would be much easier if there wasn’t a time pressure element to it.

It can be ok if you don’t complete it because you have still inputted into the assessment. A written exercise of good quality that’s 80% complete will be better than a poor exercise that is 100% complete.

Ron Laflamme

Standard Member
Nov 28, 2020
I'm trying to prep a commercial awareness story for an interview and I have already prepared a Fintech one and a COVID related one and now I wanted to prep one to do with ESG but I can't find too many specific news stories recently - do you think it's ok to just talk in general about the rising importance of ESG factors and drop in some examples? And then connect it to how law firms can be involved?
Check out bill gates’ green manifesto

Reactions: packhorse

layk

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jul 16, 2019
I think this cycle has arguably been more competitive for everyone tbh. But it could depend on the firm - some don't like you to reapply after interview. I know that over the summer I was gutted to learn after my (failed) direct TC interview with Macfarlanes that they would not allow me to reapply again for at least 3 years. Really nice people and good feedback though.
woah, 3 years is a long time o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.