2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

C

Esteemed Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 7, 2019
Can anyone shed light on how they think today's ruling on Uber can impact law firms? Perhaps predicts an increase in work for employment practices coming from similar ride-sharing apps or other businesses/workers in the gig economy? thanks !

Reactions: acceleratedlaw

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Yep same here, PFO, thought it was one of my best applications! I had attended so many events with them as well (5+) :( I shouldn't feel sad as I've had two VS invites this season but I really did put everything into that application and I'm not sure what I could've done better! They were my first choice last year and one where I think I would've been a really good fit. Usually with PFOs I think "haha sucks to be you because another firm will have me and ill be GREAT" but this one has made me so sad

Just went on Twitter and saw this, what an OC induced mood

EuiOHesUYAAt_0G.jpeg

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Can anyone shed light on how they think today's ruling on Uber can impact law firms? Perhaps predicts an increase of work for employment practices coming from similar ride-sharing apps or other businesses/workers in the gig economy?
    Financial Times mentioned that it is probably going on to encourage litigation against other gig economy businesses - if any of those businesses are clients!

increased costs mean ubers probably going to be less competitive, which I’m sure will be the same for other gig-economy businesses, I’m not sure but this could lead to potential for these businesses to pursue mergers and acquisitions to become more competitive

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Osborne Clarke said
    sashay away drag race GIF
    Imagine lipsyncing for your... training contract.

KT

Star Member
    Nov 3, 2020
    Congrats! Looks like I’m sunk though, nothing on my end and they tend to send out emails all in one surely?

0/7 conversion rate on VIs across 3 cycles holy sh*t I am awful at them
    Don't give up just yet! From the responses on the forum so far, some other people also haven't heard back at all yet and some people got PFOs already so just because you didn't hear back yet doesn't necessarily mean its bad news. Anyway Celestie said in her email from them they said they'd let everyone know Monday so they may not have responded to everyone yet.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Athina and Sebastian Clark
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.