Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Me after rambling in an AC interview
star trek slapping GIF by Cheezburger

hlos14

Feb 18, 2021
Hey guys - If I used to date someone who works at a firm that I'm applying to for a TC, do I need to disclose this in the question where they ask if I have any links with the firm? They're an NQ if that matters at all.

I told myself I'd never apply to the said firm but it's a great one that I'd love to do a TC at and I've been rejected by most others at this point (or maybe I was just too lonely this valentines lol)
i have applied to the firm where my ex works (he's a paralegal) and i didn't mention it...

i was the same and said i wouldn't want to be in the same firm so when i found out he had got a job there i was like :mad: but wasn't about to not apply for a great firm because of that!

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
@Jessica Booker opinions on changing AC dates for a third time? I was fast tracked to a January AC with a firm following an insight scheme, and changed it to a TC one in March. I then changed it to April. However, just realised that a vacation scheme I am interviewing for is in April, and I'd rather go through the TC process in March, and have that as my interview month.

Would this annoy the firm- 😅 😅 they've been so supportive and considerate so far but I feel really weird(not sure if I should)

Thank you :)

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
How do you guys know whether you are on your way to a burnout or whether you are just tired/complaining but have got more in you? I feel I have lost a bit touch with reality especially in these covid times at home 24/7 and I genuinely would be interested in hearing how you gauge your mental state these days?! Is it just me or is working and all these applications/waiting for outcomes/ keeping up with commercial topics taking its toll?! (Sorry for posting this here but definitely the most active thread so trying my luck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.