2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ola830

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Can you show development since your last application? If no, then my brutal advice is not to bother. If you can though, then you should reapply.
What would you say would be considered as a development? Does it have to be anything big or can it be something like attending commercial awareness events, completing online courses etc? Most likely I would be re-applying again to firms and I want to show development but I just don’t know what to do and anything I have tried to do so far has been unsuccessful, unsurprising considering the current economic climate.

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 37
Mar 4, 2020
A SAR is your right so everything is “fine” to do. There are no issues with when you request it really as it is your basic right to access that information via a SAR.

However, I personally wouldn’t send them a SAR straight off without at least asking for the feedback first. I would send them an email asking for feedback in the first instance and referencing that you will consider putting in a SAR request of the request cannot be met.

Basically that is giving them a chance to provide the feedback first before having to go through a full formal SAR process. It may also mean you get the feedback in a timely and more appropriate manner. A SAR can take three months to be returned to you and you could get a whole lot of far less useful information than you would expect. The feedback itself may even be in a poor format via a SAR while asking for the feedback means you may get it in a more user friendly version.
Hi, might be helpful for you to check this out before you decide to go ahead

Thanks so much both, that's really helpful advice! Yes SARs really do seem like a "nuclear" option if a firm really isn't getting back to you at all, and might unfortunately burn some bridges given how onerous it can be. I'll definitely try it first with an "unofficial" request and see where it goes from there.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
- email from Bevan Brittan.
did everyone get this??

Thank you for submitting your application for Bevan Brittan’s Vacation Scheme 2021. We appreciate the time you have taken to complete this.

We are currently reviewing all applications. We will be in contact with you again to advise on the outcome and potential next steps.

EDIT - realise everyone probably did get this I’m just super nervous 😂😭
Which office did you apply to? ☺️ @Hele25

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Has anybody here applied for Stephenson Harwood's Dubai Summer Vacation Scheme, and is still waiting to hear back post-application?

I haven't heard anything from them post-app.

Reactions: KS94

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys those who applied for Evershed VS did you write exactly 500 words for all of the questions. Also @Jessica Booker for a 500 word answer does it have to be near 500 words like 486 or can we do like 300 or 400 words and still be successful.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Guys those who applied for Evershed VS did you write exactly 500 words for all of the questions. Also @Jessica Booker for a 500 word answer does it have to be near 500 words like 486 or can we do like 300 or 400 words and still be successful.
    400 words maybe ok. I’d be slightly concerned if an answer was only 300 words as that would only be 60% of the word limit you have been given though.

• Love
    Reactions: OB and Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.