2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Been nearly 48hrs since emailing Winston & Strawn for an update . . . no news still + It's been nearly 10 days since February elapsed

depressed the simpsons GIF

Also - a massive congratulations to everyone with Travers Smith VS invites! 💯💯💯

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    Been nearly 48hrs since emailing Winston & Strawn for an update . . . no news still + It's been nearly 10 days since February elapsed

depressed the simpsons GIF

Also - a massive congratulations to everyone with Travers Smith VS invites! 💯💯💯
    This is so disappointing! I really had high hopes that they would answer this week and I really do like the firm. Hopefully they respond to you! Best of luck xx

Reactions: djqb

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Hi @Jaysen sorry to be a bother, but just wanted to ask if you can let me know if I will be granted access to tomorrow's evening event? I am only asking through here as I need to let my manager know about my hours tomorrow.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Huge congrats to all of you with Travers VS invites! Make sure you all celebrate your brilliant achievements (you got one step further than me, so I'll raise a glass to you guys this evening haha)

To those who just missed out, if it's any consolation, I was able to get feedback when I reached out to the partner who interviewed me after hearing nothing from GradRec and he gave me some quite helpful comments so they do seem happy to in my experience! Keep your heads up - you've done brilliantly to get that far with TS and will only be better for the experience 👍

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi @Jaysen sorry to be a bother, but just wanted to ask if you can let me know if I will be granted access to tomorrow's evening event? I am only asking through here as I need to let my manager know about my hours tomorrow.
    Yes - I’ll do this now, apologies for the delay!

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    How long does it take to prepare for an (NRF) AC? This is my first, just for context.

Also, I was asked to complete a SWIFT test (by "Saville Consulting") and apparently "The results of this test will not have any impact on your assessment day, or the outcome." So then what is this test? I am very confused with being asked to take it? Are all candidates sent this test?

@Dheepa @Jacob Miller would really appreciate your input here having completed an NRF VS!

Reactions: PositiveVibesOnly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.