2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limanehious

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
Has anyone done the weightmans questionnaire but not the verbal reasoning? The tests are due today at 5pm and I didn't realise they were separate, so worried I may get penalised for not doing the VRT (which has yet to be sent to me, as it gets sent after you do the questionnaire).
I only got sent the verbal reasoning today, and they’ve extended the date until the 29th March at 5pm!

Reactions: Ana_M and S87

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Happy Friday everyone! Can someone please tell me what the best tool to learn/practise Watson Glaser tests is? I can’t quite get the hang of them just yet! Thanks
    I'd really recommend paying for the extra tests on Assessment Day. I think it's £16 (maybe a bit less) and you get 900+ questions and explanations.

Lawyer101

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 30, 2020
    Happy Friday everyone! Can someone please tell me what the best tool to learn/practise Watson Glaser tests is? I can’t quite get the hang of them just yet! Thanks
    I would recommend purchasing the WG test pack on assessment day for £15. I used to fail them constantly, but in this cycle I've passed 5/5, scoring in the 99th percentile for one. I would usually hesitate about purchasing these sort of things, but this purchase has definitely paid dividends!

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Definitely agree with the assessment day comments! But if you don't want to buy, I've personally not failed one (yet) and I usually make a 'cheat sheet' with all the definitions of what the questions ask so I know exactly what I'm answering - e.g. for the 'assumptions' questions I have written down exactly what assumption means and exactly what I'm being asked to evaluate. I feel like having that clear in my mind means I firstly waste less time worrying about what the Q is asking me and also lets me focus a bit more on what I'm supposed to be looking out for.

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    I've arranged a call with a firm post-PFO to discuss my interview feedback. While I'm really grateful the firm is taking the time to do this, I am also really nervous! Is there anyone else who has had this experience, and would you possibly be able to put my mind at ease? I hope that they're not too mean...:(
    I've had this experience, and honestly I jut kept reminding myself that the very fact they're willing to discuss with me meant they want me to do well and to succeed. Please don't take anything they say personally/to heart! But make a note of what they say your setbacks were, then ask for advice on how to improve on this for future interviews.

It's all a learning experience! Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Jaysen and G P

ellens

Feb 24, 2021
    I've arranged a call with a firm post-PFO to discuss my interview feedback. While I'm really grateful the firm is taking the time to do this, I am also really nervous! Is there anyone else who has had this experience, and would you possibly be able to put my mind at ease? I hope that they're not too mean...:(
    I had one of these post AC for CMS and I made a list of questions beforehand which I thought was helpful but just make sure you take notes during it. You have obviously gotten to a stage where they were impressed with you even if you didn't make it to the offer stage so keep that in mind. Try to ask specific questions on how you could improve, I would be surprised if they were rude but if you think you will be offended by their negative feedback just think of how useful it will be if you work on it and remember to apply it the next tie around. Good luck!

Reactions: OB and G P
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.