2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

G P

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I've had this experience, and honestly I jut kept reminding myself that the very fact they're willing to discuss with me meant they want me to do well and to succeed. Please don't take anything they say personally/to heart! But make a note of what they say your setbacks were, then ask for advice on how to improve on this for future interviews.

It's all a learning experience! Hope this helps :)
Thank you :)

stayawakewaitforme

Jan 13, 2020
Huge congrats, me too! can I ask - did yours say for the training contract or the summer placement? Because mine said for the training contract but I applied for the summer placement so just wondering if its just how they format the email
Hi,
It said for the TC too. But then the follow up email from GR kind of covered the fact it is for the placement - wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: Renemccarthy

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hey, just saw this - I had precisely the same experience. Was a bit gutted as I was really excited, having heard good things about the firm! Didn't ask about extra-curriculars or anything.
highly recommend getting your feedback from grad rec – their reasons for rejecting me were about fit but I openly told them about how i found the interviewers standoffish and uninterested and she was appreciative to hear feedback on the interview experience from my side

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.