TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Anybody heard back from Paul Hastings?

Just asking since they said they'll only contact successful candidates post app, so quite hard to tell if & when they might get back to us

Reactions: AspiringSol

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good grammar book? Sounds stupid but I’m keen to just brush up on my writing skills :)
Completely biased as I reported into Ben at Freshfields and he is one of the nicest partners I have ever met, but I use this book regularly - most weeks I will use it in some capacity to check how to write something:

Faultless Grammar: The Busy Lawyer's Reminder Guide https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1999745205/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZSHZY3414JNE1JY43CWH

Iris best

Distinguished Member
Oct 29, 2020
Completely biased as I reported into Ben at Freshfields and he is one of the nicest partners I have ever met, but I use this book regularly - most weeks I will use it in some capacity to check how to write something:

Faultless Grammar: The Busy Lawyer's Reminder Guide https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1999745205/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZSHZY3414JNE1JY43CWH
Thanks so much Jessica! I really think it’s no bad thing to always have a grammar book to check up with

Reactions: Sammie

pbyrne

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 15, 2021
This is amazing news - I had a feeling it was only a matter of time. Congratulations and well done!

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Thank you so much Jessica, and thanks again for all your help and advice, it's really been invaluable (not just directly to me but when I've read your advice to other people as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.