TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I’m sorry but having a platform like TCLA where you are able to ask for general advice regarding cover letters and how to improve your commercial awareness is COMPLETELY different from being given the exact questions in a VI. It undermines the entire process and the only person benefiting is the person asking for the questions (I.e. you). If this was the case, the entire recruiting process would be ridiculous because you would have individuals who are genuinely trying their best and working hard but getting rejected and then others who are fed the answers without any work whatsoever and progressing to the next stages.
    Let’s keep it genuine guys and fair for all x
    And what about the interview experiences which have the exact same questions that will be asked during the interview?

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I’m sorry but having a platform like TCLA where you are able to ask for general advice regarding cover letters and how to improve your commercial awareness is COMPLETELY different from being given the exact questions in a VI. It undermines the entire process and the only person benefiting is the person asking for the questions (I.e. you). If this was the case, the entire recruiting process would be ridiculous because you would have individuals who are genuinely trying their best and working hard but getting rejected and then others who are fed the answers without any work whatsoever and progressing to the next stages.
    Let’s keep it genuine guys and fair for all x
    I do not want anyone to think that I am just arguing for my own benefit, I personally did not submit an application with the firm and not planning too, I was just surprised of how this is viewed form such a narrow perspective and standard.

MillyWills

Jun 15, 2021
    sorry to those who i confused by this.. i meant ive passed the sjt but still havent heard if ive progressed to AC or not despite many having done an Ac already. should i just assume pfo? 😤
    When did you submit your application if I may ask? I recall you asking if it was too late to submit about a week ago. If you did submit then, all you can do is be patient and try to stay positive for now 🤗 I’m sure you’ll hear back soon x

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    questions being asked during an interview are fundamentally different to a uniform process of filtering out candidates before face-to-face communication. It really isn't difficult to see the difference
    From what I know that they also filter candidates from the AC centres. It really isn't difficult to see it :/

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I do not want anyone to think that I am just arguing for my own benefit, I personally did not submit an application with the firm and not planning too, I was just surprised of how this is viewed form such a narrow perspective and standard.
    Fundamentally, asking for VI questions is breaking the terms of use for this forum that you would have agreed to: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/help/terms/

6. Share information that does not undermine the recruitment process​

We expect a balance between sharing information and maintaining integrity. We endeavour to share as much information as possible, so the whole community benefits and the profession becomes more accessible. However, we want to do this without undermining the integrity of firms’ recruitment processes.

We allow the sharing of:

• the structure of an interview or assessment;
    • live interview questions;
    • General themes regarding individual assessment exercises, including case study or written exercise topics;
    • Positive and negative experiences of the interview process; and
    • Advice for preparing for interviews and assessments.
    We do not allow the sharing of:

• Video interview questions; and
    • Specific assessment information, such as the specific scenario of individual case studies, group assessments or written exercises.

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    And what about the interview experiences which have the exact same questions that will be asked during the interview?
    1) The interview experiences are completely different for each person, plus they tend to be changed every year (and indeed in each AC). By contrast, VIs are a prescribed list of questions - usually uniform to each candidate.
    2) "I totally agree but helping others would never step in your way or could take your chance." That's like saying someone should tell other people the exam answers because it won't impact their own mark.

Be grateful that people are willing to share general info at all. They're taking time out of their own day to do it.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    1) The interview experiences are completely different for each person, plus they tend to be changed every year (and indeed in each AC). By contrast, VIs are a prescribed list of questions - usually uniform to each candidate.
    2) "I totally agree but helping others would never step in your way or could take your chance." That's like saying someone should tell other people the exam answers because it won't impact their own mark.

Be grateful that people are willing to share general info at all. They're taking time out of their own day to do it.
    Thank you! I’m very grateful and that is why I spend a lot of my time helping people out with what I know on this platform and giving back. If you are following ♥️

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.