TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 26, 2021
Do they offer feedback at all? I assume they might not but there's no harm in asking. There were so many elements and those tests were shocking so do not beat yourself up! Onwards and upwards :)
Afraid not! The email they sent specifically mentions they don't offer feedback at this stage. A bit of a bummer but oh well.

• 🤝
Reactions: OB

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    If I recently started a part-time internship (commercial), should I alert the firms I already applied to? Any perspectives are appreciated, @Jessica Booker :)
    I would say make sure to post it on Linkedin as they do check your profile and you can always mention it in a video interview or the AC. I think it won't affect the process massively as if you pass to the other stages it becomes a cv blind process.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I would say make sure to post it on Linkedin as they do check your profile and you can always mention it in a video interview or the AC. I think it won't affect the process massively as if you pass to the other stages it becomes a cv blind process.
    It really depends on the firm if they use a CV blind process. I've had interviews and they've quoted my module grades etc to me so very much not CV blind at all

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Hiii so, everyone who has applied for Clyde and Co summer vac scheme- were there application questions? ie “why Clyde and co” “why law” etc ???
    I was on a call with Clyde and Co grad rec today and apparently there’s been some glitches with their system where sections aren’t appearing. So now I’m paranoid that they didn’t appear because of a glitch and I’ve consequently submitted an incomplete app lolll

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    Hiii so, everyone who has applied for Clyde and Co summer vac scheme- were there application questions? ie “why Clyde and co” “why law” etc ???
    I was on a call with Clyde and Co grad rec today and apparently there’s been some glitches with their system where sections aren’t appearing. So now I’m paranoid that they didn’t appear because of a glitch and I’ve consequently submitted an incomplete app lolll
    Mine had 16 SJT/VI questions from the tabs (including one practice video q) and three more video questions at the end - if we had the same number of questions then should be fine?

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    just to clarify, are you talking about the actual application on CVmail? Because mine has no questions so I just assumed they asked about your motivations to apply to Clyde & Co in the VI?
    I think this is how it is supposed to be. the video interview is automatic so basically you will be answering the questions for the application form in videos.

Reactions: Hele25
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.