• Applications for Willkie Farr & Gallagher's vacation schemes close on the 20th December. Apply now!
  • Applications for Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes are now open! Apply now.
  • Common application pitfalls to avoid over the coming months. Read Now!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

BioSTEM

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2021
Does anyone have any tips or experience for a Simmons & Simmons AC? Or what it would entail? I'm really nervous for it and the email didn't specify exactly apart from an inbox exercise and case study + competency interview. Thanks!
Congrats!! When did you complete your second stage components may I ask and when did you receive the AC invite?

JunLee2808

Oct 16, 2021
Congrats!! When did you complete your second stage components may I ask and when did you receive the AC invite?
Hey and thanks!! I completed the second stage components around end Sept (maybe 25-27th?) and I got the AC invite last Thursday (13th Oct). Was really surprised because I was sure I completely screwed up the VI (my sentences didn't fully finish, I think I had half a sentence written/unfinished for the written component when the timer ran out. But I did have some mitigating circumstances which I emailed grad rec about, so they could have taken that into consideration?)

GXA123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2020
I just got an email from Reed Smith "We just wanted to send a brief update to confirm we have yet to send out the Situational Strengths Test and will be updating you with details in due course." Does this mean that the SJT is the first or second stage?

scartiller

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2021
Hiii so, everyone who has applied for Clyde and Co summer vac scheme- were there application questions? ie “why Clyde and co” “why law” etc ???
I was on a call with Clyde and Co grad rec today and apparently there’s been some glitches with their system where sections aren’t appearing. So now I’m paranoid that they didn’t appear because of a glitch and I’ve consequently submitted an incomplete app lolll
Does anyone know how many seconds we have to speak at least in the video int questions? the info given seems too vague. would appreciate any comment on this.

Apply to Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes by 16 January 2022!
Want to work for a global elite law firm? Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes will see you experience two diverse practice groups (one each week), with your personal preferences catered to.

The scheme aims to mirror the Training Contract in that everyone will experience at least one of the firm's core transactional groups (M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance) as well as being allocated a mentor and supervisor to provide advice and support, answer any questions and most importantly – provide you with some work!

Apply by 16 January 2022!