TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Is there a TCLA list of Winter VS deadlines, please?

Am aware there are others online but they are not always comprehensive (ie using Lex 100’s, I didn’t see that Dechert were offering a Winter one this year!!)

BioSTEM

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 9, 2021
    Does anyone have any tips or experience for a Simmons & Simmons AC? Or what it would entail? I'm really nervous for it and the email didn't specify exactly apart from an inbox exercise and case study + competency interview. Thanks!
    Congrats!! When did you complete your second stage components may I ask and when did you receive the AC invite?

JunLee2808

Junior Lawyer
    Oct 16, 2021
    Congrats!! When did you complete your second stage components may I ask and when did you receive the AC invite?
    Hey and thanks!! I completed the second stage components around end Sept (maybe 25-27th?) and I got the AC invite last Thursday (13th Oct). Was really surprised because I was sure I completely screwed up the VI (my sentences didn't fully finish, I think I had half a sentence written/unfinished for the written component when the timer ran out. But I did have some mitigating circumstances which I emailed grad rec about, so they could have taken that into consideration?)

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I just got an email from Reed Smith "We just wanted to send a brief update to confirm we have yet to send out the Situational Strengths Test and will be updating you with details in due course." Does this mean that the SJT is the first or second stage?

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    I just got an email from Reed Smith "We just wanted to send a brief update to confirm we have yet to send out the Situational Strengths Test and will be updating you with details in due course." Does this mean that the SJT is the first or second stage?
    It is the first

Reactions: GXA123

scartiller

Oct 14, 2021
    Hiii so, everyone who has applied for Clyde and Co summer vac scheme- were there application questions? ie “why Clyde and co” “why law” etc ???
    I was on a call with Clyde and Co grad rec today and apparently there’s been some glitches with their system where sections aren’t appearing. So now I’m paranoid that they didn’t appear because of a glitch and I’ve consequently submitted an incomplete app lolll
    Does anyone know how many seconds we have to speak at least in the video int questions? the info given seems too vague. would appreciate any comment on this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.