• Applications for Willkie Farr & Gallagher's vacation schemes close on the 20th December. Apply now!
  • Applications for Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes are now open! Apply now.
  • Common application pitfalls to avoid over the coming months. Read Now!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Mar 29, 2020
Hey - I am sorry to hear that. May I ask when you applied and was this for the winter scheme?

I am sure you will hear good news from your other applications. Best of luck, you got this!! 🙂🙂
As far as I know they are sending out rejections first and it is for winter. Have seen loads of people get rejections and no 1 receive an AC invite yet.

Reactions: ScrappyDoo

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hey - I am sorry to hear that. May I ask when you applied and was this for the winter scheme?

I am sure you will hear good news from your other applications. Best of luck, you got this!! 🙂🙂
I applied Friday and took the online test that evening. It was for the summer vac scheme.
they said they liked my application but I failed the online test.

• 🤝
Reactions: ScrappyDoo

lila122

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 29, 2021
Do you mean to acknowledge that you've received the email and to confirm your availability?
Well, I had to select my own time and date on an online portal, so I guess i've already confirmed my availability by doing that. The email from grad recruitment just confirmed the time and date that I had selected so feel it's not worth replying to?

Apply to Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes by 16 January 2022!
Want to work for a global elite law firm? Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes will see you experience two diverse practice groups (one each week), with your personal preferences catered to.

The scheme aims to mirror the Training Contract in that everyone will experience at least one of the firm's core transactional groups (M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance) as well as being allocated a mentor and supervisor to provide advice and support, answer any questions and most importantly – provide you with some work!

Apply by 16 January 2022!