TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
If you’ve done the Watson glaser test within the last year for Hogan Lowell’s does it carry over to the next application?

didn’t score well in the last one so don’t won’t apply if it still applies

lila122

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Hi, I’m trying prepare for an interview with a big city law firm that is strong in most practice areas, and I’m really struggling trying to find a specific news story that has an impact on the firm (if the question comes up)

Anyone know how specific the news story should be that I mention? For example I thought that the huge rise in m&a transactions is a big one but is that too obvious / not specific enough?

Plus, I’m just not sure how to analyse a news story in a way that links it to law firms? (Is it as obvious as just, which law departments it’ll involve/ it might create more business)? Any help much appreciated

ScrappyDoo

Esteemed Member
May 15, 2021
If you’ve done the Watson glaser test within the last year for Hogan Lowell’s does it carry over to the next application?

didn’t score well in the last one so don’t won’t apply if it still applies
It doesn’t carry over, I am pretty sure you have to complete the Watson Glaser again. Only firm I know of who rolls over the result is Clifford Chance

Reactions: Mxkry and Nicole15

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Just did the Clyde & Co VI assessment and could shoot myself in the face. I feel like it didn't make any sense. This is my first VI so not holding out too much hope but would be nice to advance through to the next stage :)
    I won't disclose any questions, but it is genuinely something you cannot prepare for and there are no right answers.
    You need to complete three questions at the end, which are also quite difficult so my advice would be to research the firm as much as possible.
    Good luck to anyone else doing this 💪💪💪

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.