TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Im stumped on whether to relate the question 'Which business news story has interested you the most in the last 12 months and why?' back to the firm. Ive seen some examples that havent done this and I kind of like my answer as it is. What do you guys think?
No need to do this - as long as it has some connection to the firm (eg it could impact the firm or their clients) the answer will be fine without you having to link it to the firm.

If the firm wanted you to link it to the firm they would ask.

lila122

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Anyone got any advice for explaining mistakes on your application form during interviews? I realised some dates are wrong on my CV - Any advice for navigating this would be massively appreciated

Last edited:

reedwei

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2021
Im stumped on whether to relate the question 'Which business news story has interested you the most in the last 12 months and why?' back to the firm. Ive seen some examples that havent done this and I kind of like my answer as it is. What do you guys think?
Is this AG? a trainee I spoke to recommended subtly referencing the firm so might do that!

Reactions: tt_xo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone got any advice for explaining mistakes on your application form during interviews? I realised some dates are wrong on my CV for a specific job / I also didn't add references but application still went through.... Surely mistakes like this are quite major and they might think you don't have good enough attention to detail to do the job? Any advice for navigating this would be massively appreciated
What is the discrepancy with the dates? Eg what were the dates you put in versus what you actually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.