TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
May I ask what stage of the application you are waiting to hear from? I am STILL under review for my initial online application to the A&O winter vac..:oops:
I am awaiting confirmation as to whether or not my application was successful for an AC.
I submitted the application in mid September and received a confirmation 2 weeks later that I had passed the tests and my application would now be under review. But nothing yet and it’s been so long

Phoenix for all

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 13, 2020
    Happy friday everyone. Remember to take a day off and not think about applications (if you can)!

Always here to help :)
    Amy Poehler Popcorn GIF by NBC
    Hey I remember you did a VS with Sidley last year? Their website seems to suggest the VS is only for students so I wonder if you had any graduate/career changer in your cohort - basically trying to gauge if I stand a chance at all…

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Hey I remember you did a VS with Sidley last year? Their website seems to suggest the VS is only for students so I wonder if you had any graduate/career changer in your cohort - basically trying to gauge if I stand a chance at all…
    None in my cohort but I spoke to trainees/associates/partners in the firm who were career changers. I would 10/10 recommend emailing the GR team as they will be able to advise you if there is a different process!

Reactions: Phoenix for all

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    I'm trying to finalise my Burges Salmon vacation scheme application. The first question - Why are you applying to Burges Salmon for a vacation scheme? has a 600 character limit which I am really struggling with.

Is it okay to bullet point reasons as I'm finding I can just about fit one point in with limited explanation or maybe i'm mistaken with the character limit, it seems very tight?

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    I am awaiting confirmation as to whether or not my application was successful for an AC.
    I submitted the application in mid September and received a confirmation 2 weeks later that I had passed the tests and my application would now be under review. But nothing yet and it’s been so long
    Ah, I am in a very similar position. If nothing comes up by end of monday I think i may email grad rec to follow up 😪

JM1998

Esteemed Member
    Mar 26, 2021
    But then do I want to deal with the anxiety?!
    Yeah that’s very true. It’s just so annoying spending ages on an application for the firm to just not even reply. I can take a rejection email, but to just not ever hear back is so frustrating. I suppose it depends if there’s something about the firm that really appeals to you, and maybe try to submit it and then forget about it until (if) they email back?

Reactions: GXA123

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah that’s very true. It’s just so annoying spending ages on an application for the firm to just not even reply. I can take a rejection email, but to just not ever hear back is so frustrating. I suppose it depends if there’s something about the firm that really appeals to you, and maybe try to submit it and then forget about it until (if) they email back?
    To be honest, I am using shipping as a safety net but there are other more interesting sectors.
    I am also considering Stephenson H. but their diversity stats are awful!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.