TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM1998

Esteemed Member
Mar 26, 2021
I have to say for anyone considering TCs etc Ashurst are genuinely such a nice firm. I got to the final partner interview for a direct TC last year and everyone was really nice. They called me to give in depth feedback 3 times afterwards and prioritised getting back to me because I had an interview with another firm. Just so it’s not all negative😂

SebKru10

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Hi Seb really sorry to hear about that. Do u mind me asking whether you got the PFO sent today or was it earlier this week? thanks
C'est la vie I guess ;') Although I must admit that was probably one of my weakest applications this cycle (in terms of overall quality) so I was kind of expecting that rejection. Answering your question, it came in around 2 hrs ago.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
New here - got accepted onto A&O winter vac scheme yesterday! Does anyone know how many of their vac schemers get a training contract?
It won’t be a set number. Typically it will be around 50-75% accepting the offer - remember not everyone accepts the offer they are given.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone.

Was just wondering how long it normally takes for a firm to tell you if you've been accepted/rejected after an AC (final stage).

Thanks
2-3 days to 4-6 weeks. Sometimes firms can wait until all ACs are completed before making decisions.

It is always something to ask in the interview (when you will hear back).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks - thought that asking in the interview would make me look like I was pre-empting/ nagging them so I left it. Will take the point on board though for the future.
It is one of the questions I recommend everyone asks. It is not an issue to ask at all - it’s probably the most common question.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    It won’t be a set number. Typically it will be around 50-75% accepting the offer - remember not everyone accepts the offer they are given.
    This is a really interesting thing I have realised recently when speaking to trainees who, in their journey, have turned down multiple TC offers (usually from MC!). I've usually asked why and I think people consider the following: "While the firm has now decided I am a fit for them - do I actually like them and want to give them 4 years of my life? Or did I really want a TC?"

Gloria

Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 2, 2019
    Hello

I have just received two rejections for a direct TC application to Goodwin (I am clearly not wanted ahah!), however the emails have very different tones. The first one received few days ago said that they were impressed with my application and encouraged me to reapply in the next intake; the other one received this morning was the standard rejection email. I would like to reapply there but also don't want to waste time in hopeless applications. I have thought about messaging the grad recruitment and ask. What do you think? Has it ever happened to any of you?

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.