TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
I’m still waiting to hear back from an interview I had 2.5 weeks ago, I haven’t yet heard the outcome. In the interim I have secured and started a voluntary mentoring position with a charity - should I update my application portal with the information of this or wait for the outcome of the interview? What would others do in this situation?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’m still waiting to hear back from an interview I had 2.5 weeks ago, I haven’t yet heard the outcome. In the interim I have secured and started a voluntary mentoring position with a charity - should I update my application portal with the information of this or wait for the outcome of the interview? What would others do in this situation?
I’d call the firm and ask for an update.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
I finally heard back after the interview I had nearly 3 weeks ago now - I was successful in making it to the next stage!

This is a day shadowing an associate, I know this isn’t a standard part of the process for a lot of firms so I’m struggling to work out or research how to best prepare for this. I have 2+ years experience as an in-house paralegal so I guess I’m not going in completely blind. Does anyone have any advice for this?

• 🏆
Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I finally heard back after the interview I had nearly 3 weeks ago now - I was successful in making it to the next stage!

This is a day shadowing an associate, I know this isn’t a standard part of the process for a lot of firms so I’m struggling to work out or research how to best prepare for this. I have 2+ years experience as an in-house paralegal so I guess I’m not going in completely blind. Does anyone have any advice for this?
I don’t think you need to do huge amounts of preparation. If you know the associate’s name, try and do a bit of digging to see what they have worked on but it’s not an issue if it’s difficult/impossible to find that out on the internet alone.

The main thing is just to show your interest during the day. Take notes, ask questions, offer to help where you can.

Reactions: AvniD

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    Hi, I’m not entirely sure if this is the correct place to post this but I can’t find it in any forums online.

I have applied and been offered an interview for Clifford Chances new IT business graduate programme and was wondering if any knew anything about it?

The email states “Your assessment day will consist of a competency-based interview, and a scenario-based individual exercise and interview”. Is this format similar to their TC interviews? I believe the individual exercise will have a presentation element in it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

• 🏆
    Reactions: OB

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi! Are there any firms that recruit reasonable number of trainees from direct TC apps? I was thinking to apply to BCLP tc and some other firms - any suggestions welcome!
    This list is from last year but should still provide a good idea of which firms recruit decent numbers from direct TC apps! Some of the firms listed as recruiting predominantly through VS still have large enough intakes to take a reasonable number from direct TC too :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    S&M AC invite but I went to book a slot and all the dates they offered me are in February? Is this normal or should I email and ask if it's a mistake? As always, many thanks @ everyone on these forums
    That might be the earliest dates as 1) they will be busy with winter programmes up until Christmas and 2) many firms avoid January for assessments, as many students/candidates have exams then.

Reactions: tc.la.vs

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi, I’m not entirely sure if this is the correct place to post this but I can’t find it in any forums online.

I have applied and been offered an interview for Clifford Chances new IT business graduate programme and was wondering if any knew anything about it?

The email states “Your assessment day will consist of a competency-based interview, and a scenario-based individual exercise and interview”. Is this format similar to their TC interviews? I believe the individual exercise will have a presentation element in it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
    Congratulations on your interview! Unfortunately, I do not know about the recruitment process for the IT business graduate programme, but it is very good that they've let you know what to expect. I would not use these as an indicator of what to expect in your interview, but practising the competency and scenario-based questions here could be a helpful starting point for understanding the types of questions you may get asked. Wishing you the best! 😇

AAA_a

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 14, 2019
    Anyone still waiting to hear back re A&O 2024 March TC? Applied and passed SJT in late Sep and heard nothing since. I've seen people getting both AC and PFO so not sure how this may turn out?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.