TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @Jessica Booker @AvniD,
I’m a masters student (law conversion) and have applied for the 2024 Clifford chance stream, I am planning on doing another masters after my current masters. The firm has said such students above that of a final non law undergrad should have applied for 2023 ordinarily, shall I let them know in an email why I applied for 2024 instead?
I agree with Jessica! A brief email explaining your reasoning should suffice. All the best! Let us know how it goes.

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
I agree with Jessica! A brief email explaining your reasoning should suffice. All the best! Let us know how it goes.
Thanks, I had been told via an automated email to get in contacted with grad Rec about extra time in watson glaser. So I mentioned it when requesting the extra time but in the reply they gave the extra time but completely ignored the part about the additional masters? Not sure what to read into this @AvniD

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks, I had been told via an automated email to get in contacted with grad Rec about extra time in watson glaser. So I mentioned it when requesting the extra time but in the reply they gave the extra time but completely ignored the part about the additional masters? Not sure what to read into this @AvniD
It’s something they don’t really have to acknowledge in all honesty. You have mentioned it, that’s all you can do.

Reactions: AvniD

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Received CC PFO, I'm now curious if anyone that received the 'profile of interest' email has actually moved to the Watson Glaser stage or if it was just a polite way of rejecting applicants early on?
Second this! So far haven't heard of anyone who got the profile of interest email last Friday getting a WG. Did anyone?!

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    Has anyone heard from BCLP after submitting the test! If so, how long did it take and did you a confirmation if you passed the test after receiving your report (or do they review your application holistically with your answers?).

Reactions: Hele25

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 26, 2021
    Not my lowest scoring attribute being resource and work management on Linklaters Capp 👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋 bye
    I wouldn't necessarily worry. When you look at their agile working policy, it could be argued that all of their competencies are key to a career in commercial law. I'm sure you will be fine!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.