TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC03

Valued Member
Nov 24, 2021
CMS receives around 3000 applications per year. Out of those 3000, how many do reckon progress to at least the Video Interview stage?
Interesting statistic. I thought CMS has around 5,000 applications per year. I know a campus ambassador who mentioned it is around 200-300 that move onto the video interview stage. Also bearing in mind quite a lot are shifted out post watson glaser!

But I do not know how much go onto the assessment centre. I think it differs between offices as @Jessica Booker mentioned CMS is known for recruiting for 4 UK cities! I know London holds more assessment centres.

Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Interesting statistic. I thought CMS has around 5,000 applications per year. I know a campus ambassador who mentioned it is around 200-300 that move onto the video interview stage. Also bearing in mind quite a lot are shifted out post watson glaser!
If they are hiring 95 trainees a year, I suspect it is higher than 300 being invited to the video interview stage.

I'd expect it to be about 300 being successful after the video interview stage given their hiring numbers and number of other stages (assessment centre and vacation scheme).

Reactions: OB and CC03

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That makes much more sense! Thanks for this @Jessica Booker
(VERY!) Approximate calculations from my perspective:

3000 applicants
1500 video interviews
300 assessment centres
150 vacation scheme offers
120 vacation scheme students
95 training contract offers

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How do you screen 1500 video interviews!?
It can take less time to review a video interview than it does to read an application!

But even then, many firms pay someone else to review them.

For those that don't, you spread it across as many people as possible in Graduate Recruitment/Graduate Development/HR.

It's about 200 hours of work so all doable with the right resources/support.

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2021
This may be a silly question but how soon do most people tend to hear back after submitting? Is it usually after the closing date? Most of the applications I've made close at the end of January and I've only heard back from one so far.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    This may be a silly question but how soon do most people tend to hear back after submitting? Is it usually after the closing date? Most of the applications I've made close at the end of January and I've only heard back from one so far.
    Depends if it’s rolling or not. And some firms send out acceptance and take so long to reject or the other way around. So there is nothing confirmed other than seeing if they’re rolling or not

Reactions: Rachael.Elisa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.