TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspiring Solicitor 007

• Feb 13, 2021
    The main way I ordered my work experience was simply by reverse chronology. That also happened to involve having my legal work experience (vac schemes) up top, just because I was in the midst of an application cycle and so that was all I was doing work-wise. Nevertheless, I quite like having legal work experience at the top because if firms see one thing, they will see that :)
    Thanks James, that's very helpful :)

• Love
    Reactions: James Carrabino

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    Congrats to everyone above for being sent the NRF WG! I havent received anything yet.. do they send them in batches or is this bad news.. has anyone received a direct pfo?

Last edited:
    Reactions: GXA123

kat_

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 14, 2020
    HSF PFO did not meet the benchmark.

What is even is my life. Last year I did well in tests but my applications were bad. This year I feel like my applications are much better but I fail all tests.

I just went through my report and I am a bit confused.
    It seems like it is the same report, as in, I got literally all the same skills I had last year. But now I failed?
    Do firms change what they are looking for?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    It seems like it is the same report, as in, I got literally all the same skills I had last year. But now I failed?
    HSF test the SJT test and verbal reasoning test have correct answers so maybe you might have got answers wrong there but don't worry there will be other firms and I have had bad luck with HSF also.

avaelle42

Star Member
    Dec 15, 2021
    Sorry to hear you were not successful. Do you mind me asking when you sat the test? I did mine almost a week ago and haven't got feedback yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.