TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Got a fairly positive feedback report on the Reed Smith SJT but was told today I failed? Baffled
    I think it's worth bearing in mind that everyone will get a 'positive' report in the sense that it will go into details about various strengths (and areas for development). So there isn't really a pass or fail - more likely that each firm will have a particular set of competencies they are looking for and if you broadly match up with those, then you will progress.

Reactions: AvniD and anon123456789

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Baker Mackenzie PFO - on to the next.
    keep it moving maya rudolph GIF

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I need some advice on this issue. I submitted my A&O summer VS application yesterday at 10 PM and emailed them today about not receiving the SJT test link. They emailed me today evening at 6ish that they sent me the test link but I have yet to receive it. Should I email them again tomorrow if I do not receive the link to the test by 12ish lunchtime tomorrow as the test needs to be completed before the deadline which is tomorrow night. What should I do and what will happen if I do not receive the test link before the deadline.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I need some advice on this issue. I submitted my A&O summer VS application yesterday at 10 PM and emailed them today about not receiving the SJT test link. They emailed me today evening at 6ish that they sent me the test link but I have yet to receive it. Should I email them again tomorrow if I do not receive the link to the test by 12ish lunchtime tomorrow as the test needs to be completed before the deadline which is tomorrow night. What should I do and what will happen if I do not receive the test link before the deadline.
    Have you received other emails from A&O about your application? And if so, have you checked your junk mail? Have you also done the test before (in a previous cycle)?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Have you received other emails from A&O about your application? And if so, have you checked your junk mail? Have you also done the test before (in a previous cycle)?
    No, I have not received other emails from A&O just the email when I emailed them today about the SJT test. Yes, I have checked my junk email there is nothing there and I searched in my email also no email. No, it is my first time applying for A&O.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    No, I have not received other emails from A&O just the email when I emailed them today about the SJT test. Yes, I have checked my junk email there is nothing there and I searched in my email also no email. No, it is my first time applying for A&O.
    Can you log back into your application?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.