TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Hi everyone, I've got a Reed Smith video interview invitation which has to be completed in 3 days. But I'm having a bad flu (possibly Covid related, awaiting PCR result) - and having quite a sore throat. Question: Is it likely that law firms would allow a reasonable adjustment in such a case? And if so, would they allow me to complete the video interview at a later date?

(I have emailed the Grad Recruitment about this issue - I'd just like to hear about others' opinions before receiving a reply tomorrow!)

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I've got a Reed Smith video interview invitation which has to be completed in 3 days. But I'm having a bad flu (possibly Covid related, awaiting PCR result) - and having quite a sore throat. Question: Is it likely that law firms would allow a reasonable adjustment in such a case? And if so, would they allow me to complete the video interview at a later date?

(I have emailed the Grad Recruitment about this issue - I'd just like to hear about others' opinions before receiving a reply tomorrow!)
I literally have emailed GR the same thing because i’m really ill with covid !! will let you know what they say if they email me aswell :)

• 🤝
Reactions: John Doe

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Congratulations @hellovacschemes (this name made me laugh 😅 ), @jellybelly and @machingkiubrian1234!

Do reach out if you would like any help/guidance in advance of your ACs. Definitely check out @Jacob Miller's articles as a start.

I interviewed with Slaughters and so did @AvniD so very happy to help on that front if you would like 👊
@hellovacschemes @jellybelly @machingkiubrian1234 @George Maxwell whoops sorry I didn't interview at Slaughters but I did draft a detailed post recently on ACs that I'm linking here- I hope it helps in your preparation! All the best y'all! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on the forum if you have any questions 😇

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.